My name is Benjamin D. Lee. I'm currently a senior at Harvard studying computer science with a secondary in organismic and evolutionary biology. At heart, I'm a software engineer with a passion for research. My primary interests are in computational biology, robotic chemistry, evolutionary computing, and alignment-free sequence analysis. I've done my research at In-Q-Tel‘s Lab41 for the last two years, although I also spent a year in Harvard Medical School's Church lab. For more information about the work I've done (all of which is open source), take a look at my projects and published papers.
Here are some of my favorite programming tools:
- Frontend web development with Vue.js, Bootstrap, and Bulma
- Backend web development with Flask/Zappa
- Cloud computing with AWS (especially Lambda)
- Typesetting with $\LaTeX$, Pandoc, and Markdown
- Machine learning with Keras, Scikit-Learn, TPOT, Turi Create
And the tech I'm currently learning:
Beyond programming, I also enjoy listening to audiobooks (mostly nonfiction and sci-fi), watch collecting, and ham radio.